Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Here it goes...

I just finished reading Romeo and Juliet!! (by W. Shakespeare) Wow. I just loved it! What I really like about W.S. is that he can put what everyone else is thinking into beautiful words. He explains peoples' thoughts perfectly. He has the power to do that. Every line seems so well thought out.
As for the story itself, it was incredible. It's so annoying how usually whenever someone thinks about Romeo & Juliet, they think, "Ewww...mushy love stuff...no thanks!" Now, of course it had romance. However, that does not mean there wasn't also excitement and drama! There was, and quite a bit. And it was so tragic! Hence the last lines of the whole book,...
"Never was there a story of more woe,
Than that of Juliet and her Romeo."

My favorite line in the whole play is when Tybalt says, "Have at thee, coward!" while in a fight at the very beginning.
You all probably know the story line, so I won't try and explain that. It was fantastic though, and I highly recommend it. Especially if you like tragic romances...
I am awed, and you will be too!
Thanks for reading.
~Lady Arwen

4 comments:

  1. I have never read Romeo and Juliet but it sounds great! I will try to get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I've never read that one either. Ok, someone else write a post next, because all I'm reading about at the moment is the constitution and quantum physics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romeo and Juliet is a fabulous book/play! I have read it twice. I think many people misunderstand what Shakespeare was trying to write. Most people think that it is (as Arwen said) just a mushy, shallow, and pointless love story. It really isn't. I mean, yes they do kill themselves and all, but it really is so sweet and has some of the best and most beautiful "lines" in all of the plays ever written. I will write the next post. Hopefully I will have it done by tomorrow, maybe even today.

    ReplyDelete